Established in 2007, Gulf Land Structures, LLC is a locally owned and operated company providing our customers with the most innovative, and advanced technology available on the living quarters’ market today. We specialize in the initial design, constructing, rental, and servicing of on and offshore buildings for applications in both fiberglass and in steel. Recently awarded the “Safest 70” Award by LWCC, we our guided by our motto “Do it right, Do it safe, or don’t do it at all”, and dedicated to the safety of our employees.
We are looking for Electrician to join our team. This individual will be focused, responsible, self-motivated, and ready to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructures.
Specific Job Description Includes:
- Adequately conduct an onsite JSEA
- Complete projects and work orders efficiently
- Read and comprehend blueprints, schematics, and drawings of electrical systems for the purpose of determining the efficient installation of new or upgraded systems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical problems and/or failures for the purpose of identifying system repairs.
- Communicate procedures and work order status for the purpose of providing information on decision making, taking appropriate action and/or complying with Client requirements.
- Inspect electrical systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs, and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical components and/or systems (e.g. motors, circuits, switches, kitchen equipment, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded electrical capabilities.
- Identify materials and quantities needed for new and repair projects.
- Effectively respond to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Operate with safety as a primary concern for self and customers.
- Follow established company processes and procedures.
- Apprentice or journeyman license preferred
- 5-10 years of electrical experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Applicant should have a marine or industrial background and willing to travel abroad and or offshore
- Willing to work offshore on oil & gas facilities when applicable
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, climb, squat, reach, and kneel
- Working knowledge of electrical theory, and the associated principles, materials, and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to operate hand and power tools associated with electrical work
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical problems
- Professional appearance and personality
- Positive Attitude
- Team player who can work independently
- Willing to work overtime
Benefits: Med/Den/Vis, Life/AD&D, Long Term Disability, PTO, 401k